01 February 2011

Knock, Knock

I'm starting a new job tomorrow - always a bit stressful. Though it would interest me to explore the stresses here, I'm trying something new - trying to sit with the anxiousness about this and whatever else in life I have anxiety about (that I haven't even let myself in on yet).

We'll see how well this works - this inhabiting anxiousness on a grey, raining, February 1st - since what I usually do - and really, am SO good at, is distracting myself from what bothers me.

Robert Pirsig (Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance) has written - "The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away." For today, partially in honor of tomorrow's Groundhog Day (the day AND the movie) I'm trying to sit still and say "come in" when the knock comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment